[Building Sakai] Timezone for events

Nico Coetzee coetzeen at unisa.ac.za
Mon May 23 00:42:13 PDT 2011

Hi

I do not think its a database problem, but I think it has something to do with the org.sakaiproject.time.impl.BasicTimeService.java.  It is set up in init to set up dates according to GMT time, and all tool's uses this but the tools also looks at the local users time zone preferences in My Workspace, Preferences and adjust the time accordingly example calendar.  As far as I can see the ClusterEvenetrackingService and the UsageSessionApdaptor, does not do the adjustment, and takes the local time (which is correct) and then converts it to GMT.

Can someone confirm this before I log a jira?

Thanks