[Building Sakai] Timezone for events

Coetzee, Nico Coetzeen at unisa.ac.za
Fri May 20 03:38:28 PDT 2011

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Hi

I'm busy with my upgrade for sakai 2-8-0 and we currently have to change the kernel-impl/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/event/impl/ ClusterEventracking.java and UsageSessionServiceApdaptor.  The reason for this change is when a new event is posted the sakai installation takes GMT time, and I have to offset the time by 720000 to make the insert display our current time for this event and the same is for the UsageSessionServiceApdaptor for setting the start and end time for the sessions.

Is there a better way?  I have found that there is a java param you can set at startup that sets the timezone -Duser.timezone=Africa/Johannesburg, but still the insert is taking gmt time

Thanks

Nico Coetzee
Designer Developer
ICT