[Building Sakai] Sakai GWT

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 12 20:47:02 PDT 2011

If you are not proficient in JavaScript but know Java, I would
recommend GWT as well. It takes care of generating consistent and
efficient JavaScript that works well across all modern browser.

We use GWT quite heavily in gradebook2:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib//gradebook2/trunk/

I have also written a simple tool, SGS, that uses GWT:

https://github.com/tamsler/sgs2/wiki

Also, GWT has dramatically improved since v 2.x, using MVP, UI-Binder, etc.

Best,
-- Thomas

>>> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/CLOG/Home