[Building Sakai] sites created from templates always unpublished in 2.7/2.8

Earle Nietzel earle.nietzel at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:18:14 PDT 2011

It appears it always set a new site published status at:

site-manage-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/tool/SiteAction.java

5163                                 // new site is set to be unpublished
5164                                 site.setPublished(false);

Add something like:

site.setPublished(templateSite.isPublished());

That way it just picks it from your template.

Earle