[Building Sakai] Local mySQL problem

Xue-Feng Yang just4look at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 12:39:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

I tried to install sakai 2.8 on Ubuntu server 10.04 with mySQL
5.1.41-3ubuntu12.9.

I setup as
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.8+install+guide+%28binary%29

However, I got the first error as follows:

2011-04-22 11:27:51,755  WARN main
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.LazyConnectionDataSourceProxy - Could not
retrieve default auto-commit and transaction isolation settings
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Error preloading the connection pool
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SakaiBasicDataSource.createDataSource(SakaiBasicDataSource.java:251)

        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.LazyConnectionDataSourceProxy.afterPropertiesSet(LazyConnectionDataSourceProxy.java:163)

I can visit mySQL remotely.

I couldn't find any solution on google. I would find someone here to help.

Thanks,

Xue-Feng