[Building Sakai] Custom tool titles in registration XML not appearing in UI in 2.7

Gross,Christopher ufchrisg at ufl.edu
Fri Mar 25 11:58:43 PDT 2011

Hello!

We are moving to 2.7 and have noticed that all of the tools that we
renamed by modifying the tools' registration xml files have reverted to
their default names when when viewing in a browser. The registration xml
that exists in the tools' directories in tomcat/webapps shows the titles
that we have changed them to, however the default names are all that
appear in the UI.

For example, we renamed Schedule to Calendar and the title property in
webapps/sakai-calendar-tool/tools/sakai.schedule.xml is showing this
change, however when viewed in a browser it is still appearing as Schedule
throughout Sakai.

Any thoughts?  We have been searching for JIRAs related to this and only
found KNL-630 but that seems more related to tool names modified from
within the UI (I.e. for a particular site) plus that change was reverted
anyways.  SAK-19707 also seems related but that also appears to only
target tool names that have been modified for individual sites, whereas we
are targeting the default name that is seen when adding a tool from Site
Info > Edit Tools.

--
Christopher Gross
University of Florida