[Building Sakai] Counting messages in MSGCNTR private message folders

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Thu Mar 24 09:29:50 PDT 2011

This works fine but I need to retrieve the info by topic (equals to folder?) and I don't know to link MFR_TOPIC_T table. I've tried with
select count(*) from MFR_MESSAGE_T mmt
    join MFR_PVT_MSG_USR_T mpmut on (mpmut.messageSurrogateKey = mmt.ID)
    where mpmut.CONTEXT_ID = 'CFP_18_3185'
    and mpmut.USER_ID = '25417714'
        and MMT.SURROGATEKEY in (
            select mtt.id from mfr_topic_t mtt where
                    mtt.topic_dtype='PT'
                    and mtt.title='pvt_received'
                    and mtt.pf_surrogatekey in (
                        select mpft.id from mfr_private_forum_t mpft, mfr_area_t mat where
                                        MPFT.SURROGATEKEY = MAT.ID
                                        and mat.context_id = 'CFP_18_3185'
                                        and mpft.owner = '25417714'
                                        )
        )
but I get 0. :(
Ahh I see your after the Private Messages you can try the following this will retrieve PM's for a user and site:

select * from MFR_MESSAGE_T mmt
    join MFR_PVT_MSG_USR_T mpmut on (mpmut.messageSurrogateKey = mmt.ID)
    where mpmut.CONTEXT_ID = 'CFP_18_3185'
    and mpmut.USER_ID = '25417714';

Earle