[Building Sakai] global message merge to trunk

Silverio, Gonzalo gsilver at umich.edu
Thu Mar 24 07:21:07 PDT 2011

Hi,

This is a request for comments.

At Michigan we are working on providing the functionality to broadcast messages in the portal.

This involved

1) changes to the courier, which have already been merged to trunk following the standard request for review and comments.
2) changes to /reference/.../skin
3) changes to /portal/.../portalscripts.js
4) a new tool:

	https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/umich/global-alert

Both 2 and 3 are in branches:

	http://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/reference/SAK-10051
	http://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/portal/SAK-10051

The changes in both are orthogonal. If the global-alert tool is not deployed they will not be used.

Many thanks. If we do not hear any negatives in a week we will assume 2 and 3 are ok to be merged to trunk.

	- Gonzalo