[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.8 Startup Problem with a new tool

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 22 04:13:39 PDT 2011

On 21 March 2011 17:45, Mustansar Mehmood <mustansar at rice.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am trying to write a small new tool using sakai app builder(wicket).
> While trying to start sakai with that tool I get this error. Can anyone
> please tell me what is going on and how to get past this.
> Regards,
> Mustansar
> ----------------Log
> Snippet---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 2011-03-21 12:42:06,756 ERROR main
> org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory - Failed to
> preinstantiate the singleton named
> org.sakaiproject.accountvalidator.dao.impl.ValidationLogicDaoTarget.
> Destroying all Spring beans.
> with name
> 'org.sakaiproject.accountvalidator.dao.impl.ValidationLogicDaoTarget'
> defined in file
> [/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.33/components/accountvalidator-pack/WEB-INF/spring-hibernate.xml]:
> Error setting property values; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested
> PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
> PropertyAccessException 1:
> org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property
> 'persistentClasses' threw exception; nested exception is
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/azeckoski/reflectutils/ClassLoaderUtils

I think the component of your tool isn't bundling up the artifact
containing this class. In the pom.xml for your component you need to
specify a dependency of something like (version might be different):

            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.azeckoski</groupId>
                <artifactId>reflectutils</artifactId>
                <version>0.9.11</version>
            </dependency>

or you need to put this dependency in the implementation of you
service which will then get pulled into your component transitively.
Without knowing the layout of your project it's tricky to say exactly
which files need to be edited.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services