[Building Sakai] WebDav (large) files OutOfMemoryError

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Mar 16 22:43:14 PDT 2011

Hi Nicolas,

>From the stack trace it seems your system is configured to store files
in the database rather than on the filesystem, in which case you will
always run out of memory dealing with a file that is bigger than
available heap.

If you store files on the filesystem, there is no practical limit to
file size in 2.7.1 and it's not dependent on available heap (e.g. files
> 2G are fine).

Regards
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Nicolas Lupien <niclupien at gmail.com> 3/17/2011 1:27 AM >>>
I increased the RAM on the vps to use your exacts JAVA_OPTS and it
works
fine.

You are really helpful and thank you for digging into this with me.

Nicolas Lupien

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###