[Building Sakai] Synoptic Announcements change limit.

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Mon Mar 14 08:26:35 PDT 2011

Thank you so much Savitha, that worked perfectly!

Chris

From:   Savitha Prakash <savithap at umich.edu>
To:     Chris Ribble <cribble at uwindsor.ca>
Cc:     sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
Date:   03/14/2011 10:37 AM
Subject:        Re: [Building Sakai] Synoptic Announcements change limit.
Sent by:        savithasprakash at gmail.com

Chris,

The announcement messages are getting filtered out to 20 in
AnnouncmentAction.buildMainPanelContext method at

Line 938     messages = prepPage(sstate);

The prepPage(sstate) is a method in PagedResourceActionII class in the
velocity project. In this method, it determines the pageSize from the
STATE_PAGESIZE attribute, which in null in the case of synoptic
announcement, hence it resorts to the default value, which is set to be
20, in this class.

protected List prepPage(SessionState state)
{
// access the page size
int pageSize = state.getAttribute(STATE_PAGESIZE) != null ?
((Integer) state.getAttribute(STATE_PAGESIZE)).intValue() :
DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE;

If you want to change the value, you will need to set the state attribute
STATE_PAGESIZE in the announcement side. I would hesitate to make any
changes in PagedResourceActionII, as other projects has dependencies on
Velocity.

Hope this helps,
Savitha