[Building Sakai] RV: [Sakai job position in Spain] Searching for a sakai developer

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco at setival.com
Mon Mar 14 06:35:26 PDT 2011

Hi at all:

We have very near of the beginning of some new Sakai implantation projects,
so we are searching a Sakai developer to work in our company (Samoo). We are
in Valencia (Spain) and the job is here at our office. Valencia is a
beautiful city with a very good quality of life. Really sure, good beaches
for the summer, good climate all the year, good food, not too expensive,
beautiful people, party, culture, history.. We can talk about remote work in
some specific circumstances (if you are from Colombia it can be possible),
but our interest is to have you with the rest of the team here in Valencia.

.         We want someone with at least 2 years of (real) experience
developing for Sakai. We want to know what you have done in Sakai, so
please, tell us in a letter your experience, your studies, what you like to
do.

.         We need that you understand Sakai not only as a developer, we need
you to understand the pedagogical part of Sakai too. If you know something
about instructional design it will add an extra score!

.         It will be good too (not mandatory) if you have good knowledge
about systems because we do the installations in the client's systems or in
hosting, not only development.

.         In our office we speak Spanish, but we know English too, so
language is not a problem (Spanish or English. better both of them).

If we don't know you previously from the list, we will do some tests about
this questions. (Don't be nervous, if you know Sakai you will pass the tests
easily)

We don't have problems about race, nationality or sex. (women are really
welcome in Samoo ;).  If we finally choose you and you are not form European
Community, we will try to arrange your papers to come here for working. I
imagine that from some countries it will be easier than from others and
maybe this will be impossible in certain cases, but we will try!

What's Samoo?

Samoo is an Spanish company (just in process of becoming a Sakai Commercial
Partner) that is dedicated exclusively to offer Sakai services. We develop
new tools, we integrate Sakai with other software and we install Sakai in
different environments. We do support too and other related services. We are
working with 7 universities in Spain and we have other "not university"
customers too in Spain and outside Spain (Colombia, Costa Rica and USA).

So, if you are a good Sakai developer, you want to work in a young company
and grow with us, and you want to come to Spain (we don't sleep siesta and
we are not all toreros. that's a false topic), send your resume to
diego.delblanco at samoo.es and we will talk about details of the work.

Actually this is an open process and we don't have hurry so we don't need
you to change your work just tomorrow and you have time to think about this
and talk with us about all the details.

Thanks.

Diego del Blanco Orobitg

Director de operaciones