[Building Sakai] Synoptic Announcements change limit.

Savitha Prakash savithasprakash at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:44:11 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

The default limit can be changed by changing the properties (days, items) in
the registration file of synoptic announcement, which can be found at
announcement-tool/tool/src/webapp/tools/sakai.synoptic.announcement.xml.

Also as a sakai admin, one can change the value of these properties by admin
sites tool

- Savitha

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Chris Ribble <cribble at uwindsor.ca> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently working on our 2.7.1 test environment trying to get it to
> function similarly to our 2.5.2 production environment. It has been noted
> that in our 2.5.2 environment we had no limit on Recent Announcement
> postings through the Synoptic Announcements Tool. In 2.7.1 however it is
> limited at 20. I've checked through the code for some sort of property
> relating to this hard limit and I cannot find it. I have found the SAK-13116
> patched area of AnnouncementAction.java and it only allows me to remove the
> warning that only 20 posts will be displayed.
>
> We need to be able to set this to a higher number for our sites as some
> Profs have raised this as an issue in the past.

> Thanks
> Chris
>
> Chris Ribble
> LMS Application Developer