[Building Sakai] Hybrid

N. Matthijs nicolaas.matthijs at caret.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 03:19:57 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've all seen in the v1 plan that the ability to
embed an S2 tool inside of an S3 page is part of what
we're trying to deliver by June. The design team is already
creating designs for how to select a tool to embed, and I'm
now trying to get an idea of how much technical work still
needs to happen in this area (SAKIII-541).

As far as I understand, basic LTI already gives us the ability
to embed a tool inside of Sakai 3. However, for this to actually
work, we also have to synchonize membership and roles
between S3 worlds and S2 (ghost) sites, which is something
that hasn't been done so far.

First of all, is this understanding correct or do we need to do
more/less work than what I described. Secondly, does
someone have a good idea of how long it would take to do
this remaining work?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolaas