[Building Sakai] 2x: Micorsoft Sql Server conversion scripts: plan to move from trunk to contrib (and remove from 2.8.x, 2.7.x)

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Mar 8 05:43:14 PST 2011

I don't think support for mssql was ever fully implemented or run anywhere.
I believe that rsmart is still supporting the DB2 functionality.

Oracle and Mysql are the only 2 that we run database comparisons against and
someone takes extra time to verify the conversions work. They are also the
only 2 with active QA servers running on them. Marist used to have some DB2
QA servers but both of them appear to be down. I run the only Windows QA
server but it connects up to a mysql database backend.

If any database besides those 3 were ever supported, it seems like it would
be nice to have an open source database like postgresql available, or
investigate how well (if) it runs on one of the open mysql forks like
MariaDB.