[Building Sakai] How to get all Sakai user types

Horatiu Cherebetiu hcherebetiu at loi.nl
Mon Mar 7 03:39:43 PST 2011

Hi all,

We want to get all existing user types in Sakai for an easy way to assign some functionality.

Currently we are using kernel- 1.0.13 and I didn't find a service to offer this.
We were thinking to do a DB query like this: 'select distinct (ss.type) from sakai_site ss where ss.is_user = 1' in a new method in SiteService

Can anyone tell me if this is a god way to do it? or if someone has other suggestions or know a service that can resolve this problem pleas let us know.

Best regards,
Horatiu