[Building Sakai] contribution to the project

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 05:54:27 PST 2011

On 3/2/2011 3:58 AM, Pratik Anand wrote:

> I have worked on some web based projects involving PHP, mysql and
> javascript including HTML & CSS as well as I have good experience in
> C/C++ and Python.

While all experience with programming languages is valuable, Sakai is
almost completely written in Java.  How much do you know about Java?

> I am currently working on an android project based on python and sl4a,
> apart from other things.
>  Detailed description of my skill set and works is in my RESUME:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1508451/ResumePratikAnand.pdf
>
> Please tell me in which areas I can contribute in and which part of it
> I should get familiar with before applying for it in GSoc.
> And I have few ideas of my own in this field ,so can I  just state
> them in mailing list/irc or some detailed writeup or illustration is
> needed ?
What sort of ideas do you have?

As far as general contributions go, you might try looking through the
known Sakai bugs, fix one, create a patch, and update Jira indicating a
proposed fix.  Don't try to check any code into SVN, however.

- Mark Norton