[Building Sakai] contribution to the project

Pratik Anand pratik.preet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:58:55 PST 2011

Hi,
I am student 3rd year engineering doing my majors in Computer Science. I got
introduced to FOSS world 2 years ago and have been involved in it since
then. I always wanted to contribute to the code which can have social impact
. I found Sakai Foundation on gsoc pages , to be one such project which is
doing even more than what I could have expected.
So, I would like to contribute to this project as it will give me a feeling
of satisfaction of working for the community.
I would also like to apply for it in GSoC 2011 , but that's not the only
reason. GSoc or not, I would like to become part of this community.

I have worked on some web based projects involving PHP, mysql and javascript
including HTML & CSS as well as I have good experience in C/C++ and Python.
I am currently working on an android project based on python and sl4a, apart
from other things.
 Detailed description of my skill set and works is in my RESUME:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1508451/ResumePratikAnand.pdf

Please tell me in which areas I can contribute in and which part of it I
should get familiar with before applying for it in GSoc.
And I have few ideas of my own in this field ,so can I  just state them in
mailing list/irc or some detailed writeup or illustration is needed ?

--
Pratik Anand
B.Tech - CSE (3rd year)

http://www.pratikanand.com