[Building Sakai] Logs on nightly2

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 08:36:36 PDT 2011

I'll look into this tomorrow. You get loads of messages when a message
arrives from another cluster and those ones are ok to ignore; in fact we
filter them with a org.jgroups entry in our sakai.properties log config.
This message seems different though.

At the moment all Sakai chat jgroup nodes in the world share the same
channel id but this should only be an issue with instances on the same
subnet. I've added a sakai.property here that specifies the channel name
and if that is not specified then chat does not get clustered. I'll add
that to portal chat.

Cheers,
Adrian.

On 30/06/2011 16:01, Aaron Zeckoski wrote:
> Looks sorta like jgroups cruft. Unfortunately (unless I am misreading
> something) I don't think we can/should just ignore those warnings.
> They look like legit problems (based on a quick code review). Not
> errors but not just info either.
>
> What do you see in tomcat shutdown?
>
> -AZ
>

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Maurer, Christopher Wayne
> <chmaurer at iupui.edu>  wrote:
>> I think I also see this behavior with local instances, but there are about a
>> bajillion WARNs in the nightly logs like this:
>>
>> 2011-06-30 10:30:05,767  WARN
>> Incoming-1,SAKAI-PORTALCHAT-CLUSTER-CHANNEL,sakai-nightly-43729
>> org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK - sakai-nightly-43729: dropped message
>> from sakai-nightly-36303 (not in xmit_table), keys are
>> [sakai-nightly-43729], view=[sakai-nightly-43729|0] [sakai-nightly-43729]
>>
>> Also, tomcat never seems to shut down cleanly anymore.  I'm guessing that
>> this is all from the new portal/chat stuff…if so, is it intended to work
>> that way?
>>
>> Chris

==================================
Adrian Fish