[Building Sakai] Google Rips off the Neo Portal's Look and Feel!

csev csev at umich.edu
Wed Jun 29 10:07:23 PDT 2011

Google now has a black top bar with sans-serif white and grey text that looks like Sakai 2.9's Neo Portal![1]

What is next?   A pool of water background for Google?

I would say that Gonzalo's glowing blue for the selected item and our speedy-drop-down nav and expando-matic still puts Neo well ahead of Google in terms of UI goodness.   I would say that it is good for Google to continue to aspire to UI greatness, using Sakai Neo as its roadmap.

Screen shot attached.

/Chuck

[1] To be fair, Neo took its look and feel cues OAE, and OAE ripped a lot of its look and feel from Twitter,  I think - or perhaps Twitter took its latest look and feel from early OAE work.   So confusing.

P.S.  But seriously, it is nice to see a bit of convergence in these UI's serving common purposes.  It is all good for the users IMHO.