[Building Sakai] Mneme amd Melete on sakai 2.8.0

Rashmi Maheshwari rashmi at etudes.org
Fri Jun 17 09:28:46 PDT 2011

Hi Paul,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We were missing a step in our
compile steps to modify sakai's root pom.xml file and add lines in the
build profile section.

<module>etudes-util</module>

<module>melete</module>

We have modified our install guide accordingly,
thanks,
Rashmi
Melete Team

On 6/17/2011 12:19 AM, Paul Mungai wrote:
> > Paul - I was just checking this out - what trouble were you having,
> and what did you do to resolve it?
>
> Hi Glen,
>
> Apologies for the delay, yesterday was a holiday in South Africa
>
> Initially I could not build etudes-util and thus melete. I had already
> changed the pom's to the 2.8.0 version.
>
> After a clean build of sakai I was able to build them successfully,
> but I suspect I was missing a step somewhere. This implies that it
> should work fine if the steps specified are followed.
>
> One important thing though, since I see you are an etudes architect,
> could you explicitly state that for one to build etudes-util and
> melete, they need to be in those directories.
>
> For example:
>
> /opt/sakai-2.8.0/etudes-util/mvn clean install
>
> and
>
> /opt/sakai-2.8.0/melete/mvn clean install sakai:deploy
>
> These two affect step 5 and 6 of the install guide
> http://etudesproject.org/release/melete/install-guide.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
> Paul Mungai
>
> "Ability is what youre capable of doing. Motivation determines what
> you do. Attitude determines how well you do it" By Lou Holtz, Notre
> Dame Football Coach

Rashmi Maheshwari
Learning Systems Developer
Etudes Inc