[Building Sakai] how to entends Site object...

swwangl at tsmc.com swwangl at tsmc.com
Wed Jun 15 20:52:08 PDT 2011

Dear John:
   we have another table to store addition site information. e.g: site
category, site sponser, etc... )
I have to access the additional table by foreign key "Site.getId" to get
these fields.
So, I want to put these fields into "Site" object for future JSF or VM use.

Or could you give me some ideas to use site properties to acheive the same
purpose?

Best Regards,
Joan

|------------------------------------->
|            John Bush                |
|            <john.bush at rsmart.com>   |
|                                     |
|                                     |
|                                     |
|            06/16/2011 11:39 AM      |
|------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                To|
  |        swwangl at tsmc.com                                                                                                                          |
  |                                                                                                                                                cc|
  |        sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org                                                                                                         |
  |                                                                                                                                           Subject|
  |        Re: [Building Sakai] how to entends Site object...                                                                                        |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |

what are you trying to add exactly, perhaps using site properties
might be a less forky way of achiveing the same result.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM,  <swwangl at tsmc.com> wrote:

> We want more additional fields for "Site" object.
> So, I write a object to extends "BaseSite" object.
> After get "Site" oject, we want to new a "NewSite" object to extends
> "Site". and then set the additional fields for "NewSite".
> But I have no idea to construct the BaseSiteService. could anyone have
> experience?
>

> ===api from kernel1.2.1 java docs===
> BaseSite(BaseSiteService siteService, Site other)
> ? ? ?Construct from another Site, exact.
> =================================
>
> my program:
> List<Site> sites =SiteService.getSites(xxxx,xxx,xx,xxx...
> for (Site site : sites) {
> ? ?NewBaseSite new_site=new NewBaseSite(baseSiteService, site);
> ? ?...
> }
>
> but I can't get baseSiteService instance to construct NewBaseSite
> successfully
>
> Could anyone provide some suggestion?
>

> Best Regards,
> Joan

> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? TSMC PROPERTY
> ?This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
> ?for the sole use of its
> ?intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
> ?other than the intended
> ?recipient is strictly prohibited. ?If you are not the intended
recipient,
> ?please notify the sender by
> ?replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
> ?immediately. Thank you.

John Bush
602-490-0470

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY