[Building Sakai] [Announcements] CLE Project Coordination Summary

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 02:30:22 PDT 2011

A fair concern. How can we go about testing this in a realistic fashion?

There are some results from load tests run by the JBoss community here:
http://www.jgroups.org/perf/perf2008/Report.html

Don't know how meaningful they are in the real world of a big Sakai
deployment but they at least seem to indicate an ability to scale. For a
10 node cluster these tests yielded a throughput of around 35K 1KB
messages per second. Portal chat messages are very small :)

Cheers,
Adrian.

Adrian Fish
Software Engineer