[Building Sakai] Notification events logging in announcements

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Fri Jun 10 04:41:05 PDT 2011

                Hi all,

                I've found that at announcement-impl/impl/src/java/org/sakaiproject/announcement/impl/SiteEmailNotificationAnnc.java posting the event with EventTrackingService is commented (lines 433-434):

            final Event delayedNotificationEvent = EventTrackingService.newEvent("annc.schInv.notify", msg.getReference(), true, noti);
//          EventTrackingService.post(event);

Does anybody know why? Is there any performance reason? We would like to uncomment line 434 as we log that kind of events because it provides useful information when solving issues related with notifications. Any objection on uncommenting it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Dr. David Roldán Martínez
Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Sakai QA lead for Internationalization
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC2774.0BD85BC0]

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC2774.0BD85BC0]