[Building Sakai] Specifying UTF-8 encoding data entered into OSP forms

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Wed Jun 8 09:01:24 PDT 2011

What's the proper way to specify UTF8 on input and output when dealing with
OSP form data?

E.g. a user enters an acute-accented lowercase-e (é) on Windows via ALT+0233
or on a Mac via option-e e. How can we make sure the XML is utf-8 encoded
upon storage, and represented as utf-8 via the XSL template?

This is probably a simple step we're missing...

--
"The Fed is still under the assumption all they have to do to revive an
economy is blow a new bubble" -- Josh Rosner. Amen!