[Building Sakai] Searching users created by external authority

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:36:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

External users don't show up in the Admin users tool because there isn't really a way of showing them all since there could be thousands in the external provider.

Another point to note is that you don't actually have to make that UDS call to have users from LDAP created in Sakai, their mapping will automatically be set the first time their entry is accessed, either by adding them to a site or by logging in.

Also, if you do make that call, are you sure it is working? You can't create a user that has the same eid as a provided account so I'd expect that call to fail.

Off topic, are you really using Tomcat 7? How is it going? What was the build and setup like? Sakai has only really been tested on Tomcat 5.5.

cheers,
Steve