[Building Sakai] Single sign-on

Natalia Stash natalia.stash at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:32:16 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I've been trying to set up open ID authentication using
mod_auth_openid Apache module.
When the 'Location' in apache configuration is set to some page in our
sakai/public_html I am redirected via my openID provider to this page
from which I go to sakai portal page but there I have to enter my
usual user id/password.

Now I've changed Location to:

<Location /sakai-login-tool/container>
   AuthType OpenID
   require valid-user
</Location>

Login options in sakai.properties are configured as follows:

top.login=false
container.login = true

xlogin.enabled=true
xlogin.text=TU/e account

tomcatAuthentication for Connector in Tomcat's server.xml is set to false.

When I go to sakai portal page I see two login options:
The first option sends me to http://sakai.win.tue.nl:8200/portal/login
so I have to register with my sakai login again but not with an openID
as I expected.
Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
Natalia Stash.