[Building Sakai] Adding Email Archive to Site and Permission Error

Robert E. Long relong at svsu.edu
Tue Jul 26 13:20:31 PDT 2011

All,

Just a quick question and maybe someone could point me in the right direction here.

When an instructor tries to add the Email Archive tool to a site, they receive an error: "Alert: You do not have permission to add alias." Yet, the appropriate realms are set for that course (and in site.template,site.template.course, and site.helper). The "alias.add" permission is checked for the Instructor role.

Is there another setting (sakai.properties or realms) that I am overlooking here?

Mandatory info: Sakai 2.8.x, Java 1.6.0_26, Tomcat 5.5.33, MySQL 5.1.58

Thanks,
Bob

----
Robert E. Long, MA