[Building Sakai] Forms without portfolio

Jez Cope j.cope at bath.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 03:14:47 PDT 2011

Using the Drop box seems to work ok. The process goes:

1. Create a form with Forms tool (or Form Builder?).
2. Users complete the form in their Drop box (Add -> New form item),
resulting in an XML file which they name and add metadata to the same as
for any other file in Resources.

If step 2 could be streamlined to make it less like creating a new file
and more like just submitting a web form, then all the data would be
just sitting there in Drop box/Resources in XML format waiting to be
processed for reporting. Perhaps an admin user could specify which
folder (possibly hidden) the completed forms to go into, and a rule for
naming the XML files.

I'm planning to grab all of the submitted forms via WebDAV from the
dropboxes, then process the XML through an offline script to get what we
want out of it.

All the best,
Jez