[Building Sakai] Profile2 error on 2.8.x startup

Robert E. Long relong at svsu.edu
Thu Jul 21 20:18:01 PDT 2011

Steve,

OK, it seems to work on my laptop at home running the same code, java, tomcat, mysql, etc.

Looks like I'll have to investigate my work setup next week.

Thanks for your help!

--Bob

----
Robert E. Long, MA
Saginaw Valley State University
Open Source Developer / Analyst
Education Technology Instructor
M.A. Instructional Technology
O: 989.964.2245

On Jul 21, 2011, at 8:27 PM, Robert Long wrote:

> Steve,
>
> It's Profile 1.4, from core-deploy. JDK 1.6. I will check on the simplexml and emailtemplateservice (should also be in core-deploy) when I get back.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 21, 2011, at 18:40, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> Do you have simplexml deployed in shared?
>>
>> Also, is this Profile2 1.4 or 1.3? Profile2 1.4 doesn't use the Persister class anymore (only 1.3 did), as what it used to do has now been rolled into the email template service.
>>
>> Also, JDK 1.5 or 1.6?
>>
>> cheers,
>> Steve
>>
>> On 22/07/2011, at 5:07 AM, Robert Long wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I'm seeing a fatal error upon server start up pertaining to Profile2:
>>>
>>> ----error----
>>> 2011-07-21 14:50:03,228  INFO main org.sakaiproject.profile2.logic.SakaiProxyImpl - Profile2 SakaiProxy init()
>>> 2011-07-21 14:50:03,235  WARN main org.sakaiproject.component.impl.SpringCompMgr - get(org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager):