[Building Sakai] Tool Development

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 02:40:38 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Nkululeko Phakela
<nonkululeko.phakela at wits.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Sakai. I'm trying to develop a tool which can automatically
> add students to a course. Now that I have added these students, I would
> also like to delete them.
>
> Some of the students have been deleted and others have not been deleted.
> I'm saving the data into MySQL. Can someone please let me know which
> table the data is saved to when using this code:

The membership of the site ends up in:

SAKAI_REALM
SAKAI_REALM_RL_GR
SAKAI_REALM_RL_FN

> // add member
> site.addMember(studentNumber, "Student", true, false);
>
> //save site
> siteService.save(site);
>
> The students that have not been deleted throw this exception:
>
> org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotDefinedException id=xxxxxx

I don't follow why a user who hadn't been deleted should through an
exception, so you mean they haven't been deleted from the site
membership?

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services