[Building Sakai] Create tool with tables

Paul Mungai paulwando at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:17:47 PDT 2011

> From the looks of your original question, it didn't look like you were
using hibernate since you were querying what the hbm.xml were for.
> But as Matthew says, there is nothing magical here, either use hibernate
which will automatically create the tables, or run some SQL.

True, but I prefer hibernate as it helps automate the whole process upon
deployment.

> I'm just about to finalise the Spring JDBC support in the wicket maven
archetype, which checks autoddl and vendor and creates tables, and has
externalised SQL, so you can look at that if you like.

This will be awesome. I will keep checking the list. Could these changes be
the reason I get bugs when I try to create a new tool using the archetype? I
had reported this earlier and confirmed that there were no conflicts in
shared/lib

--
Regards,
Paul Mungai

Skype: pwando
Twitter: pwando
Facebook: paulwando
LinkedIn: http://za.linkedin.com/pub/paul-mungai/b/388/512
Blog: http://pmungai.wordpress.com
Flickr: http://bit.ly/b84lip

"Ability is what youre capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it" By Lou Holtz, Notre Dame Football
Coach