[Building Sakai] Create tool with tables

Paul Mungai paulwando at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:57:40 PDT 2011

> In your service startup (init) just run the SQL to create the tables.

Should this not create the new table when I restart tomcat (hibernate)?

Just wondering if there is a pom within the new tool that I need to add this
so that the table is created upon restarting tomcat.

> You can check the vendor used as it is set in sakai.properties, and then
just run the appropriate SQL
mysql

> p.s. you'll want to also check if auto.ddl is enabled before you create
any tables.
It is set to enabled (true).

--
Regards,
Paul Mungai

Skype: pwando
Twitter: pwando
Facebook: paulwando
LinkedIn: http://za.linkedin.com/pub/paul-mungai/b/388/512
Blog: http://pmungai.wordpress.com
Flickr: http://bit.ly/b84lip

"Ability is what youre capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it" By Lou Holtz, Notre Dame Football
Coach