[Building Sakai] basic OAE question

D. Stuart Freeman stuart.freeman at et.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:47:23 PDT 2011

IIRC OAE widgets need functionality beyond what is offered by Google
gadgets. I'm not sure about wookie, but I think it's the same deal. So,
it's possible to wrap widgets in those formats with an OAE widget and
bring them into our system, but not the other way around (placing an OAE
widget into igoogle for instance). However, the OAE widgets do all of
their interaction with the server (nakamura) over http, so it's possible
to write widgets for other containers that can interact with the server
via its supported APIs.