[Building Sakai] SITEASSOC_CONTEXT_ASSOCIATION and TAGGABLE_LINK

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Tue Jul 12 07:12:55 PDT 2011

               Hi,

Short description: Does anybody know what these tables are used for?

Detailed description:

 We are on the process of migration from 2.6 to 2.8 and I've found two strange issues:
* SITEASSOC_CONTEXT_ASSOCIATION is created at sakai_2_7_0_oracle_conversion.sql. I can create the table but it's empty. I've tried creating new objects (Assignments and Announcements) but it seems no to do nothing (no row is inserted in this table), though enabling hibernate.show_sql I've seen that Sakai tries to SELECT rows each that display assignment list. Does anybody know the aim of this table? where rows should be inserted?

* TAGGLABLE_LINK. I haven't found this table at any of the migration scripts. However, when deleting as assignment tries to delete rows from it and, as it not exists, Oracle lauches an exception and the assignment can not be deleted. To top it off, Sakai locks the assignment and nobody can do anything with it. Searching in the code, I've found that is referenced in taggable module but, unfortunately, I don't know what's the intent of this module. To try to figure out when this table is created, I was thinking about to run migration scripts 2.6 -> 2.7 -> 2.8 and then set auto.ddl before to start Tomcat but I'm not sure if this will help. Any idea?

I absolutely appreciate any suggestion, idea, etc. I'm really stuck with this. :(

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
   David