[Building Sakai] Firefox 4 changes to anchor links in an iframe

Robert Cohen robert.cohen at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 11 18:23:57 PDT 2011

From:  Sam Ottenhoff <ottenhoff at longsight.com>
Date:  Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:10:47 -0400
To:  <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>
Subject:  Re: [Building Sakai] Firefox 4 changes to anchor links in an
iframe

>> I suspect that this is fixed in firefox 5 which behaves rather differently in
>> relation to anchors.
>
> Any details?  The Firefox bug is marked WONT FIX and my testing shows this
> case working identically on Firefox 4 and 5.
>
> My solution in testing is a jQuery workaround that scrolls the iframe window
> to the correct place on an anchor click.
>
> --Sam

OK, I could easily be mistaken.
I was just reacting to the fact that on several sites I know of that have
"comment" sections, firefox 4 wouldn¹t automatically scroll down to the
comment section when it was selected. But firefox 5 does.
But its entirely possible that that is being done by javascript or similar.