[Building Sakai] Portal login with webservices

Carl Hall carl at hallwaytech.com
Fri Jul 8 12:27:22 PDT 2011

Prior to 2.8, there was SakaiPortalLogin.jws which allowed a user to login
with their user ID and a shared portal secret. This jws file has been
archived now but I'm not seeing a clear path for continuing the previous
action. In my case, there's an external application that is calling into
Sakai for more information and is not privy to the user's password. Is there
a suggested path to move from the shared portal secret used in
SakaiPortalLogin.jws to SakaiLogin.jws?