[Building Sakai] Spring Controller .. like in Edia Sakai Maps Tool, but using Annotations

David Wafula davidwaf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:21:43 PDT 2011

Hi all,
Am building an mvc spring-based tool, and going is abit slow on the Sakai
side. Am not new to spring ..but still getting my feet right in Sakai. So am
looking at how others did it: Edia Maps tool seem to use lots of that. In
particular, i need to understand how to configure spring Controllers to work
in Sakai  (am using annotated @Controller and all that comes with it). I
would have wished to see how  nl.edia.masla.sakai.tool.WebappToolServlet was
implemented, but i can't seem to see the source is. The issue am having is
mapping sakai requests onto Spring based-controller. My tool works fine if i
run it outside sakai. When in Sakai, while am able to intercept the requests
to the tool (via my own build servlet Controller),  i need to hand them over
to spring's Controller, where i can use loots of spring's API.  So this is
slowing me down. Any help  will be appreciated. Attached are the xml configs
am using .

--
David Wafula