[Building Sakai] Problem in sakai tool development

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:29:49 PST 2011

First issue, ensure UTF-8 support for both DB connection and the DB itself:

2011-02-01 10:58:14,404 FATAL main org.sakaiproject.content.impl.DbContentService - Check on Database Failed
java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xC2\x80\xC2\x81\xC2\x82...' for column 'XML' at row 1

  The connection from this instance of Sakai to the database
  has been tested and found to corrupt UTF-8 Data.
  In order for Sakai to operate correctly you must ensure that your
  database setup is correct for UTF-8 data. This includes both the
  JDBC connection to the database and the underlying storage in the
  database.
  The test that was performed on your database create a table
  wrote some data to that table and read it back again. On reading
  that data back it found some form of corruption, reported above.

 More information on database setup for sakai can be found at
 http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Install+Guide+-+DB+(2.4)

The second issue is that your mytest-pack component isn't starting up which then makes the Sakai startup fail. You will need to post your Spring wiring (the XML in mytest-pack).

cheers,
Steve