[Building Sakai] "Stopping Hibernate Cache Cache" Error

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:34:39 PST 2011

Hi,

The error is this:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.wictest.logic.entity.WictestEntityProvider#0' defined in file [C:\opt\tomcat\components\wictest-pack\WEB-INF\components.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.wictest.logic.WictestLogic' while setting bean property 'logic'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.wictest.logic.WictestLogic' defined in file [C:\opt\tomcat\components\wictest-pack\WEB-INF\components.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [$Proxy60 implementing org.springframework.beans.factory.InitializingBean,org.springframework.aop.SpringProxy,org.springframework.aop.framework.Advised] to required type [org.sakaiproject.wictest.dao.WictestDao] for property 'dao'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [$Proxy60 implementing org.springframework.beans.factory.InitializingBean,org.springframework.aop.SpringProxy,org.springframework.aop.framework.Advised] to required type [org.sakaiproject.wictest.dao.WictestDao] for property 'dao': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
and

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.wictest.logic.entity.WictestEntityProvider#0' defined in file [C:\opt\tomcat\components\wictest-pack\WEB-INF\components.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.sakaiproject.wictest.logic.WictestLogic' while setting bean property 'logic'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.wictest.logic.WictestLogic' defined in file [C:\opt\tomcat\components\wictest-pack\WEB-INF\components.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [$Proxy60 implementing org.springframework.beans.factory.InitializingBean,org.springframework.aop.SpringProxy,org.springframework.aop.framework.Advised] to required type [org.sakaiproject.wictest.dao.WictestDao] for property 'dao'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [$Proxy60 implementing org.springframework.beans.factory.InitializingBean,org.springframework.aop.SpringProxy,org.springframework.aop.framework.Advised] to required type [org.sakaiproject.wictest.dao.WictestDao] for property 'dao': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
Check Tomcat shared/lib for duplicate jars relating to wictest and remove any dupes. Then restart. If still failure, post your components.xml.

What version of Sakai are you using?

cheers,
Steve