[Building Sakai] Moderated Forums Question

Widner, Aaron Robert arwidner at iupui.edu
Tue Jan 25 13:13:48 PST 2011

All,

I have a Forums question for those MSCNTR gurus :).  We have an instructor that is using moderated forums for students to post their answers to their homework (so that only instructor can see their responses before the deadline and can release the best answers after that).  The problem that the instructor is running into is that the students are getting emails when other students post their answers to the topics (prior to the instructor releasing them).  I cannot say for sure if everyone in the class is getting these emails as the instructor is going by what the students have reported.  I tested this in our version of Sakai as well as qa3-us.  In both instances the students are getting emails when a thread is posted.  Is this by design?  (I am guessing yes)

If this is by design, is this related to the 'Watch' feature located on the forum landing page for a student?  (In this feature there are 3 options, notify me by email whenever a new message is posted, notify me by email when a thread that I have contributed to receives a new message, no notification.)

Thank you,
Aaron Widner
Online Service Analyst
UITS Support Center