[Building Sakai] About Log4j

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 19 06:59:51 PST 2011

Miguel Carro Pellicer wrote:

> I want to know if exists a workaround to do that, maybe with
> java_opts? Maybe the file can be overwritten in tomcat?

You can place a modified log4j.properties file in
$TOMCAT/common/classes if you want to make more global changes.

I would suggest that you start with the one provided in kernel:

kernel/kernel-common/src/main/config/log4j.properties

make whatever modifications you want, and then copy it to
$TOMCAT/common/classes. testing, of course, is a must.

Seth