[Building Sakai] Shibbolizing Sakai

Ed Garay garay at uic.edu
Sat Jan 15 04:47:57 PST 2011

Speaking of Shibbolizing Sakai, does Sakai provides a simple way of
configuring it with hierarchical series of authentication methods?

For instance, could you set things up so Shibboleth is used first; if
the user could not be auth'd with Shibb, the system would try to let
him/her in via LDAP, and if he/her is not in that namespace either he/
she could be authenticated against AD or some native auth method.

One common use case for this would when an institution uses Shibboleth
as an auth method for Sakai (and any subsequent single sign-on into an
LTI tool or some other Web app) while having a special Sakai "WebDisk"
URL for folks who need to access Sakai's WebDAV mount points directly
from native WebDAV clients like WebDrive or some iOS WebDAV app.

Can a Sakai school easily do this without maintaining a CAS or pulling
one's hair too much?

Greetings from Chicago,

--- Ed Garay
Assistant Director for Academic Computing
University of Illinois at Chicago
Academic Computing and Communications Center
Director, UIC Instructional Technology Lab

www.accc.uic.edu/itl
www.twitter.com/garay

ITL Blog: www.accc.uic.edu/itl/itlnews

[ Sent from iPhone :: sorry for typos, mine or iPhone-induced ]