[Building Sakai] Clustering a HashMap

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 04:45:03 PST 2011

Does anybody have any experience with replicating a hashmap across a
cluster of Sakai's? The floating chat service keeps a couple of hashmaps
in memory which store heartbeats and messages from users. In a cluster
I'm assuming these will get out of sync so I need to work out how to
avoid that.

At the moment I'm playing with creating an EhCacheFactory bean in my
spring config, using the MemoryService to create a Cache instance and
then putting the hashmaps in that if they are not already there.

Any tips greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,

Adrian.

--