[Building Sakai] Monitoring cron jobs for SIS feed files

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:05:00 PST 2011

If it's writing things to the log files, you can setup something like swatch
to monitor these and take action when certain patterns match. Some of this
is described in this thread. [1] We use this at Michigan rather than adding
additional code to the system to monitor specific log actions, though we do
have an event watcher that monitors some events (mostly site updates) and
does some internal processing as Steve mentioned.

[1]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2010-September/009521.html

-Matthew