[Building Sakai] Mysql high load Hibernate

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Mon Feb 28 08:57:14 PST 2011

Can you provide more information, what does your cluster look like, how many
users are you running concurrently on each tomcat?  What tools are used
heavily, do you have particular slow queries that are causing you an issue?
 Its quite possible a few additional indices might go a long way, but would
need to know a little more first.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Ciellie Jansen van Vuuren <
ciellie.jansenvanvuuren at nwu.ac.za> wrote:

> Hallo
>
> We're running sakai 2.6 in production. The number of simultaneous users
> almost
> double from January causing our db to crash. We are caching queries and try
> minimize slow queries, but still it crashes. Is it possible to let
> hibernate
> split reads and writes to different database servers. We are using Mysql.
>
> If it is what can we do to implement something like this?
>
> Thank you
> Ciellie

John Bush
602-490-0470