[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.7.0 src Fresh Installation : Not Creating Complete DB Schema

Duffy Gillman duffy at rsmart.com
Thu Feb 24 06:50:01 PST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Duffy Gillman <duffy at rsmart.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: Log File Attached
To: Farhan Akhlaq <farhan.akhlaq at live.com>

Hi again,

It looks like your database is not configured to use the UTF-8 character
set. This is the first error in the log:

---

2011-02-24 15:28:35,359 FATAL Thread-1
org.sakaiproject.content.impl.DbContentService - Check on Database
Failed
java.lang.Exception: UTF-8 Data was corrupted communicating with the
database, please check connectionstring and default table types
(Conversion)-128=>128=>-65
	at org.sakaiproject.content.impl.DbContentService.testUTF8Transport(DbContentService.java:3361)

---

This is probably preventing much of the core schema from being
created. UTF-8 is required to support internationalization of text
strings.

You can find information about setting up your database here:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.7

Under the heading "7.0 Database Support in Sakai" there is a query you
can run to check if your Oracle database is correctly configured.

Regards,

   Duffy Gillman