[Building Sakai] weird bug in assignments: it's showing the

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Feb 23 11:28:59 PST 2011

Chuck:

We are currently running 2.7.1 with extra patches.

However, I cannot repeat the problem by following the step below. Could you
provide more details here?

Thanks,

- Zhen

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:15:14 -0500, Charles Hedrick  wrote:  OK, so it's
now happening at at least 3 places. Any commonality in sakai versions? We
hadn't seen it under 2.7.0, but are seeing it in 2.7.1.  Yes, they are
inline text, not attachments.  What's happening is the following:
instructor hits "next" new screen comes up with text from old screen in FCK
instructor does next or previous an automatic save occurs. The contents of
FCK are saved as feedback, i.e. Sakai thinks it's a version of the
student's assignment with instructor comments  The database shows the
correct submission, but the wrong one as feedback. If you go back to the
assignment in the UI, you'll see the wrong data, because when feedback
exists, the UI will show it rather than the original submission.  We think
other data such as
grade may also be duplicated, but we can't be sure yet.
I don't see how having another window open would have any effect. The
instructor is going from one student to another in the same window. I
understand that doing that isn't safe, but it wold require a very strange
and unlikely pattern of actions in the two windows to cause this effect.
It's happened enough that I consider it a crisis.