[Building Sakai] Self introduction (GSoC 2011)

Aadish Kotwal kotwal.aadish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 03:14:19 PST 2011

Hello all,

I am Aadish Kotwal, a pre-final year BE student of Computer Engineering from
India. I am very keen to take part in GSoC 2011 while developing for Sakai
Foundation.

I am new to this list and to this organization. I wish to introduce myself
here, get familiar with the community and the coding practices and
contribute here as a developer.

I have had experience in the past with some of the technologies Sakai uses
for development purpose like Java, Maven, Git, MySQL, Velocity, Servlets,
JSP, HTML, CSS, Javascript/JQuery, JUnit and Mockito and also some
familiarity with OSGI. I am good with UI interfacing and web 2.0 tools.

I have started with getting a local copy of nakamura and the ux code after
following [1] and [2]. I did a maven build of nakamura code and got an
instance up and running. I want to start getting to grip with the
architecture of Sakai. I have been through some documentations and past
year’s projects. I wanted to know if there are some tasks or good ideas
which I could work on prior to timeline so as to get a better understanding
of the architecture and code base. So if you could please give me some
information on the above and guide me, it will be very helpful. Thanks in
advance.

[1]
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/Nakamura+Developer+Getting+Started

[2]