[Building Sakai] [sakai-nakamura] Fwd: Issues with upgrading

Chris Roby croby at nyu.edu
Wed Feb 16 08:10:31 PST 2011

Hi Tony,

Here's the step-by-step on how I upgraded my system from our Q1 release to just before the sparse work was merged into master:

# Build 0.5.0 - Q1 3akai-ux Release
cd <3akai-ux directory>
git checkout -b v_0.5.0_release v_0.5.0_release
mvn clean install

# Build 0.9-RC5 - Q1 Nakamura Release
cd <nakamura directory>
git checkout -b 0.9-RC5 0.9-RC5
mvn clean install -Dux=0.5.0 -Dmaven.test.skip

# Start Sakai
java -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar <nakamura directory>/app/target/org.sakaiproject.nakamura.app-0.9.jar & > /dev/null

# created a user, logged in as that user, created a group, created a page in that group, added text to that page

# kill the server
killall -9 java

# build a pre-sparse UI
cd <3akai-ux directory>
git checkout -b presparse a21fab1968ab58c902fb
mvn clean install

# build a pre-sparse Nakamura
git checkout -b presparse ea2d48e24fe5c7d4f109
mvn clean install -Dux=0.6.0-SNAPSHOT -Dmaven.test.skip

# Start Sakai
java -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar <nakamura directory>/app/target/org.sakaiproject.nakamura.app-0.10-SNAPSHOT.jar & > /dev/null

# UX bundle didn't seem to update, updating from console
#
# login as as admin to http://localhost:8080/system/console/bundles
# click install/update
# check 'start bundle'
# click browse and go to <3akai-ux directory>/target/ and select org.sakaiproject.nakamura.uxloader-0.6.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
# click 'install or update'
# wait until bundle starts

# log in with user that was previously created, visited group, visited created page, verified correct content, all worked

--
Chris Roby